Will I get paid for jury service?
Sumner County will pay you $11.00 for every day that you report for jury duty.

Does my employer have to let me off work?
Employers that are located in the State of Tennessee and have more than 5 employees are required to pay employees their regular salary on days that they are required to report for jury duty.  However, you must be a full-time employee of the company and have been employed for longer than 6 months.  Employers may discount an employees pay by the amount they receive from Sumner County.  Upon request, the Circuit Court Clerk's office will supply each juror with a notice showing the dates that the employee reported for jury duty.

Can I move my jury service to another month?
Yes.  All jurors can move their jury service one time to another month within the next 12 months.  In order to request to move your jury service, simply submit a request through the Request a Postponement form on this website.

What if I am unable to serve on jury duty?   
Generally, jurors can be excused if they are medically unable, are commissioned employees, are a caregiver for children or other individuals, are self-employed, serve in the military, work out of state, or are a full-time student.  In order to be excused from jury duty for medical reasons, you must have your doctor's office complete the Health Related Request for Excuse form and email ([email protected]) or fax (615-451-6027) a request to our office or you can submit the form with your request for undue hardship on our website. In order to be excused from jury duty for any other reason, you must submit a request through this website stating the reason that you are unable to serve on jury duty.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 615-934-5120.

I received a jury summons but I no longer live in Sumner County or I am not a citizen of the United States.  Can I serve?
No.  Only citizens of the United States and residents of Sumner County are eligible to serve on a jury in Sumner County.  You can submit your Jury Disqualification Form through this website and attach your resident card (for non-citizens) or proof of your address (if you live out of county) in order to be removed from our jury pool.